If you have put up your house for sale in the market, then it doesn’t need to be clarified that you want it to sell fast. But you obviously don’t just want it to sell, you would also want to get the asking price that you originally have set. So whether you have put up your house for sale in Auckland or Switzerland, here are some ways to stage your home for fast sales:
- Boost your curb appeal: There’s a lot, which depends upon the first impression. Many people who are thinking of seeing your house will first do a quick short drive by your house to see if it’s even worth a look inside. To make sure your home is ready for the visit, first power washes the walkways and siding, the plant just blooming flowers and other fresh greenery, mow your lawn and add fresh soil if needed, wash your front windows and repaint your porch floor if needed.
- Have a welcoming porch: If you even have a little stoop, make sure that it says ‘welcome home’. But it should be written on a clean doormat and there must be some blooming potted plants nearby. If your porch is bigger then you should definitely put a few pieces of porch furniture therein. Make sure to keep the porch lights on in the evening, just in case some potential buyers think of driving by.
- Keep your house clean: Every surface ranging from gleaming windows and shining floors to scrubbed grout and clean counters should be squeaky clean. This is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to ensure that you put your best step forward with your home. If your house is large then you might have to invest in hiring some pros. Also, hire them if there are tough spots which just aren’t coming out. Don’t skimp out on this step.
- Take stock of your floors: If you are low on a budget regarding house maintenance and renovation while you are thinking of staging your home, even then do the bare minimum and clean all your floors thoroughly. Give your carpets a steam cleaning as well. But if you have wood floors, then do think about refinishing them if they are in a bad shape. If you don’t or can’t invest fully in floors in placing some area rugs strategically can also go a long way.
- Style up your dining room: The dining room of any house is generally taken to be a blind spot when decorating the house. A huge empty dining table can look very uninviting, not to mention bare. So if you style it up keeping visitors in mind then it can certainly increase the appeal. But make sure to not overdo it as an oversized arrangement will work to make the area look too formal and stiff. Instead, you should opt for just lining up little vessels all the way down to the center of the table instead.
- Get rid of all clutter: If you want to put your best foot forward with your house staging, then keep in mind that all clutter will have to go. It will certainly not be easy and you might even have to arrange for off-site storage or perhaps a garage. But it is worth all the trouble because of clean and clear surfaces, closets, floors, cupboards and such translate to more space for the potential buyers.
House selling depends a lot on how you opt to present it. So try to present the house, how you would like to be shown. Then you can entice buyers and get it sold faster.